Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting It Going Again....

Wow.  Hard to believe it's been just a little over two months since I've done anything in here.  Definitely time to get in here and dust off the cobwebs....

I have to apologize for not being on here a little more in the last couple of months.  Doing the tennis still and then when football season rolls around makes my life a lot more hectic.  Of course, with my Rams quickly going down the toilet and UCLA not doing much better (will be surprised if Neuheisel is back next year; he has to at least beat 'SC to have a chance at saving his job) I'm getting that much more antsy for hoops practice to start.  

But before I do anything, I have to send out a HUGE congratulations to our very own Minnesota Lynx on winning their very first WNBA title.  I have to be honest with you - after watching the Lynx flounder for so many seasons when there was reason for hope I was truly convinced that this franchise was cursed and would never win a damn thing.  But owner Glen Taylor finally got it right when he brought in Cheryl Reeve as new head coach and drafted players like Seimone Augustus and Maya Moore plus the trade that brought Minnesota's own Lindsay Whalen home.  Throw in some good role players like Rebecca Brunson and Taj McWilliams-Franklin and have some good players coming off the bench like Candice Wiggins and you had all the pieces of the puzzle to make it work.  At the beginning of the year when many were already crowning the Lynx as league champs, I was a little more cautious and would have been happy to see them win A playoff series - then shoot for the moon the following year.  But this team had vastly different ideas and once they secured the #1 seed in the Western Conference, nothing was going to stop this train.  Fantastic job!  Hope they can make a similar run next year. 

Okay, so here we are; just a few mere days away from when practice starts for D2 and D3 schools (the D1 teams are ALREADY at it which is a good thing).  Lucky for me, I'm on vacation the week of October 16 (YEEEE HAAAAA!!!) which will enable me to make some rounds on some of the MIAC schools as their practices get underway.  I'm not going to divulge right now what my schedule is (you'll find that out all soon enough next week) but I want to get a feel for each team I visit before I go out and make predictions on the year.

Just a few short days away.  I can tell you that everybody I know is just itching to get it going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment