Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Another Season Is Upon Us!!

Well, here we go again....Just a little less than an hour away from the official October 15 start time for practices for DII & DIII teams.  And, just like last year, I'll be at some different practices this week to check things out (am still trying to line some things up as well).  I realize you can only take so much from the opening practices but I'm really more interested to see who's back and who's new as well.  And it helps that I'm on vacation this week (YEE HAAAH!).

First off, I want to apologize for not doing a very good job over the last few months as far as reporting stuff is concerned.  Of course, I was at the Mid-Town YWCA Summer League reporting the results of games I was able to catch but had really hoped to finalize some things from this last season; i.e., the Minnesota Girls HS Tournament and the All Star game in April.  Unfortunately, being busy with the tennis kept from doing what I wanted to do so I hope to rectify that this time around (will keep mum on this for now but I have some plans to avoid this mess the next time). 

On a much more positive note, I'm excited that I'm going to be adding both audio and pictures to my blog as well.  This has been a long time coming, IMHO, and I'm hopeful that this will add another area of intrigue to my efforts.  Things are still in the crawling stage with this but, thanks to my good friend Tony Geer I've got some exciting things planned.  I will also be helping out with the webcasts at Bethel games again this year which I enjoy immensely.

So yeah, I'm ready.  Actually, I was already at the University of Minnesota's pre-season press conference featuring both Head Coach Pam Borton and sophomore standout point guard Rachel Banham (I realize that they're D1 of course but I try to cover what aspects of womens hoops that I can).  The jury is still kind of out on this group and, although the returners will be a year older, there's a lot of new blood coming in as well to add to the mix.  Oh, and don't forget that the WNBA Finals got underway tonight as well with Indiana pulling off an improbable 76-70 win on the road to take a 1-0 series lead.  Hopefully, the Lynx can regroup and get this turned around (an I think they will.).

Buckle up - here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment