Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Getting Ready For The Girls State Tournament!

Well, tomorrow (Wednesday 3-13-13) the Minnesota Girls State Tournament gets underway and I am incredibly excited to let you know that I'll be providing updates on games from Target Center.  While I have been at the Tournament for several years now, this is my first foray into providing updates on my blog during the tournament so this is a new venture for me.  And I am definitely looking forward to it.

So how do the four classes stack up this year?  Let's take a quick look:

Class A - Would have to guess that, unless there's just some huge upset somewhere along the way, Maranatha Christian will repeat as state champs here - even if they have to do it without my favorite player,  Josie Taggatz-Ott.

Class AA - Likely the most unpredictable class here....We're just going to have to see how things unfold here.  I've been burned more than once making dumb predictions.

Class AAA - DeLaSalle appears to be the favorite here again.  I honestly thought Park Center was at least READY to seriously challenge DeLaSalle in the Section 3AAA brackets but the Championship Game up in Anoka this last Friday night clearly showed that DeLaSalle isn't ready to give up the top spot just yet.  Would imagine here that Richfield, led by Jessica January, would be the strongest challenger.

Class AAAA - No question as to who's the favorite here.  Hopkins steamrolled their way to the title last year and they are looking incredibly tough right now.  The only team that COULD give them a rough time, if they play their cards right, would be Kennedy.  The darkhorses would be both Eastview and Osseo.


Let's get this going!

1 comment:

  1. I am tired of slogging through the news outlets to find the whole story. I'm coming back here during this tournament for the true story ! Much luck to you on the 'live' blog updates. I am looking forward to them. I sat near this Writer at a recent Eastview game and then read his review. Spot on calls for that game and with great scoring detail.
    This man knows basketball !

    ReplyDelete