Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

It's Official - UST Is Going DI


The somewhat (I guess) expected news came out this afternoon when UST issued a press release stating that it had received approval from the NCAA Division I Council to make the historic jump from Division III to Division I beginning with the 2021-22 academic year.  You can read the full press release here:  https://www.tommiesports.com/general/2019-20/releases/NCAA_Announcement

Look, this subject has been broached not only here but on other sites as well.  I'll just say that personally, I feel that it's an incredibly sad day for the MIAC when one of its charter members makes an anticipated departure - because it was forced out by member schools.  You can whine and cry in your beer all you want about how UST has all the unfair advantages and was just too dominant to be a member going forward.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - UST brought the MIAC a lot of pride and prestige - not only in women's basketball but in a lot of other sports as well and like them or hate them, that prestige was beneficial for the conference as a whole.  Now, that's gone and the MIAC will likely never be the conference it once was. 

I wanted to keep this post relatively short and sweet so feel free to fire away with thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment