Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Dancing Around the Omicron/Delta Variants

I just wanted to touch on this matter and resisted the temptation to do it this last week after St. Kate's was forced to forfeit it's scheduled game this last Wednesday night vs Augsburg giving the latter a 2-0 win.  Today, we saw CSB having to pull the plug on its scheduled game at St. Kate's due to COVID protocols giving the latter a 2-0 win.  I hate this stuff as much as the next person and the last thing I want to see happen is COVID wrecking a second consecutive season with no conference tournaments or an NCAA Tournament.  Unfortunately, it's still something we're dealing with.  So, all I can say is (1) mask up and (2) if you haven't been vaccinated yet - GET VACCINATED (I'm slated to get my booster shot this coming Monday (1-10).  

I don't know all the details but it's my understanding that MIAC Athletic Directors will vote on this next Tuesday (1-11) to have no forfeits retroactive and have the ability to reschedule games.  Given that roughly over 400 athletes in all MIAC sports right now have tested positive, I think it's the right thing to do.  It would really blow to have a game lost that might cost you a spot in the MIAC Playoffs or, even worse, a sport in the NCAA Tournament.  We'll see what happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment