Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

State Tournament Update

I had a pretty good idea that I'd have to be writing this on the eve of the Girl's State Tournament - an event that I would much rather be preparing for and blogging for.  However, our wonderful friends at MSHSL have decided that bloggers such as myself are persona non grata and do not not meet the League's criteria for being credentialed media.

Not that I'm surprised at this one bit.  I anticipated this happening so I'm not surprised or disappointed.  Sadly, this is the current high school organization overseeing all of Minnesota high school sports, including girl's basketball.  Look, I've ranted on MSHSL before (and I'll do it again here in the not too distant el futuro to be sure) but this is what high school sports - including girl's basketball - is saddled with right now - an organization that stuck in 19th century thinking and has no interest whatsoever in promoting girl's basketball and does not want bloggers (such as myself and others) doing their part to promote it at THEIR state tournament.   

I do plan to attend some of the tournament this week and weekend when Iowa and/or UCLA isn't playing in the Big Dance.  But it'll be strictly as a fan and nothing more.   


No comments:

Post a Comment