Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Weird World That We're Living In Right Now


Thought it was time to dust off the my blog here a bit and put something up since the abrupt end of the Girl's State Tournament back in mid-March.  These are definitely strange times in which we're currently living in and it's difficult to say when - or if - things will really get back to the "normal" that we were used to before all of this Covid-19 thing became the new reality.  For right now anyway, let's just try and see where we're at with everything. 

On the AAU front (which I don't normally follow too much), I have been seeing rumblings on Twitter and elsewhere that we MAY start seeing some semblance of activities sometime this summer.  This all remains to be seen, of course.  A lot depends upon when facilities are willing to open up their doors to proposed events and how teams/coaches/parents/fans are willing to risk things.  That alone is a huge question mark.

No word yet that I'm aware of on the Midtown YWCA Women's College Summer League front.  I'm hopeful that maybe there'll be something done but we just don't know yet.  Will be keeping my eyes and ears peeled and if I hear or see something, I'll definitely let you know. 

Meanwhile, I have been seeing on Twitter the various commitments that graduating HS seniors have made to various DIII schools and that's always a fun thing to see.  I'm also seeing the various videos of both HS and college players doing whatever they can do to keep their games as sharp as possible during this whole affair and that's definitely encouraging.  Also some of the virtual team get-togethers are fun to see as well.  Not long ago, UST had a virtual get together with graduated players Lucia Renikoff, Hannah Spaulding and Kaylie Brazil as they relived that breath-taking overtime win over Amherst in the NCAA Tournament from 2019 which was very cool to see.

As for me, I've been working at home since mid-April which I have to admit I could definitely get used to.  I haven't been able to do a lot on the tennis front but I've been doing the little things I can do throughout all of this.  It's definitely frustrating when you can't do what you normally do; let alone work out and stay in top shape.  I'm sure all of us are hoping that this all comes to a quick and safe end so we can resume our normal activities the way we want.  In the meantime, stay safe and vigilant and we will, God willing, get through this.       

No comments:

Post a Comment